Sunday 3 February 2019

In The Day Time,

Steve and Kai kindly called round for us,


 our first stop Costco,

 where we picked up all manner of bulk items, washing powder, washing up liquid, etc, the place was packed,

 next stop Wing Yip,

 and with the Chinese New Year fast approaching, that was even busier,

for the girls 3 steamers of dim sum,

 plus a plate of noodles, for Steve a chicken curry, for myself chicken and beansprouts plus Steve and myself had plain rice, we all sampled each others dishes,

 as you might guess the restaurant was packed to capacity and then some, we had to wait for a table, but it was so nice to have a taste of Chinese food, Steve and Kai dropped us off, and called in for a coffee, after saying our farewells we settled down to a few quiz shows, 

for the evening we were out, passing the church,

and The George, with a few hardly souls braving the elements in the outside seating area,

 and this is where we were having our evening meal, the Big Catch fish and chip shop in the High Street, we enjoyed it so much the last time we were there we just had to go back,

 I never thought I would ever see it, me without a glass of wine at a meal out, it was so sad, but there it is, so a mug of tea it was then, February is a no alcohol month for me, a bet is a bet, even if it is with yourself,

 but his brought a smile to my face,

 we shared a plate of scallops and bacon,

 plus a couple of gherkins,

 delicious!

 Diana had the same as our last visit, two pieces of sea bass,

 for myself large prawn tails, 

 delicious! the meal for the two of us came to £49.00, 

we walked home past the church and into the park and home, then feet up, 

 I had read about They Shall Not Grow Old by Peter Jackson, and tonight it was being televised, using state-of-the-art technology and materials from the BBC and Imperial War Museum, filmmaker Peter Jackson allows the story of World War I to be told by the men who were there, and harrowing it was, not without humour, as you might expect from the British Tommy, but also fearful tales of carnage and suffering, 

on a happier note one of my favorite topical comedy shows was next, Have I got News For You, as that finished just after midnight we were off to bed.


No comments: