Tuesday 15 October 2019

The Day Started Out Wet,

and stayed that way,


 Diana had already left for work as I made my way out of the park,

 past the gate house garden that was still looking nice,

 arriving at Sainsburys, we had ordered a click and collect bluetooth speaker from Argos, Sainsburys was the collection point,

next stop Waitrose to pick up a few bottles of Cinzano Bianco, we had run out, outside the store some Halloween pumpkins,

arriving home the speaker unpacked and put on charge, we already have one of these, but I was afraid that on one of my daily commutes upstairs with it, I might have a fumble and drop it, so we now have one upstairs as well and nice they are too, the speaker is a Bush Classic, but shop around for prices, in the Argos review the price quoted is 30%  more that we paid, but here is the thing, the one we bought was from the same store, Argos! so it pays to shop around even in the same store,

 upstairs to play infrared, but before that disaster struck, for some reason the computer did not power up, so as instructed I pressed the F1 key,

 and received this message again, then the next telling me it would take several hours not minutes to repair,

 eventually this page appeared again, so I did not follow the instructions and pressed the open normally option, and it worked, but I fear it dos not bode well for the future,

 out of the camera at Silverlake,

 color swapped,

 and some added,

 I then cranked up the colour,

 and then went to black and white,

 finally settling in a antique look,

 another day at the Chinese town, just outside of Pattaya, out of the camera,

 color swapped,

 and added,

 I then went over the top with colour,

 next black and white,

 and the old fashioned look,

 we returned to Chania town one evening,

 the street with its lanterns on,

 color added,

 which I made more intense,

 black and white,

and the old look, great fun for myself, but I know boring if you do not like infrared photography, in the late afternoon Diana arrived home from work, so after our evening meal it was feet up for two of the latest from Murdoch Mysteries, we rounded the evening off with a couple from Peaky Blinders, and with the end of those episodes we were off to bed.


2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Sometimes a file in Windows gets corrupted when it shuts down improperly, and the repair system does not have the capability of repairing it, so it gets stuck. Starting windows normally and bypassing the repair process will get you to a place where Windows just replaces the corrupted file with a fresh copy instead of trying to repair it. So you might have lost some system information, but it likely wasn't anything you would be aware of

What do you buy the Bianco for? Do you drink it straight? I enjoyed a bottle a while back but have not replaced it.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, many thanks for the insight, it is all a bit beyond me, we will be out for the next couple of days so I will try it again, I am guessing on Friday when Diana is at work, I just hope all goes well with it, as for the Bianaco it is no stronger than a wine I believe, and I enjoy a tipple, a filled whiskey glass neat and cold, straight from the refrigerator, or in the summer, when I used to live in the UK mixed 40/40/20 with vodka, lemonade, ice and a slice, a few of those made the afternoon in the sun swim gently by! best regards, Stan and Diana.