Sunday 20 October 2019

A Bar Where Everyone Is Welcome,

so long as you are a party of one!  


that is correct, no couples, no groups out for a drink, you have to be on your own or no admittance, and there is the sign on the door that says so, “A bar limited to parties of one.” so while everyone is welcome, you’ve got to come unaccompanied,the bar in question is Hitori, a small bar in Tokyo’s Shinjuku neighborhood, the owner, had never worked as a bartender prior to opening the bar last year, in an interview he told SoraNews24, ”I was able to think of what kind of place I wanted Hitori to be on my own. I want it to be a bar that offers customers a fun chance to meet new people”


 a customer also added “When you’re here, it’s sort of like a mix of being out by yourself and being out with others. It feels just right, and you get to talk with a lot of different people, at other bars, if I talk to women I don’t know, sometimes they think I’m trying to hit on them and get upset. Here, we all just talk naturally with each other, and it’s easy-going and fun,” so while Hitori’s admission policy may seem anti-social, it actually creates the kind of environment where you can meet new people and strike casual conversations without any sort of pressure, I wonder if a bar with this policy would work in London?


No comments: