Monday 14 October 2019

Bicycle Seat Art,

was my first thought, 


with that nice graduation of colour from light tan to black, but I was not looking at the whole picture,

this is the whole picture, a line up of bicycle seat thefts, a 61-year-old man from Tokyo’s Ota Ward was recently arrested by Japanese police for allegedly stealing no less than 159 bicycle seats, as a bizarre way of taking revenge for having his own seat stolen last year, the culprit was spotted stealing a seat, the bicycles owner reported the theft to the police, who were amazed when entering the alleged thefts house and found so many bicycle seats, apparently, the 61-year-old man had his own bike saddle stolen in the summer of 2018 and was so disappointed that he wanted other people to feel his pain, so instead of reporting the theft or at least trying to identify the thief so he could exact revenge on them,


 Hatori turned into a serial bicycle seat thief himself, “I had to buy another bicycle seat after mine was stolen in the summer of 2018,” Akio Hatori told police. “After that I started stealing out of revenge. I wanted others to know the feeling.” a trial date for Hatori is yet to be set, now if I was a famous well known artist, I could put my name to the seats set out as they are and sell them as a piece of artwork, I am sure some liberal mug out there would pay a fortune for them!


No comments: