Wednesday 30 October 2019

A Bit Of A Grey Day,

I was out shopping,


 and Diana was off to work, after Steve had popped in or a coffee and chat, so we walked, 

 through the park,

 looking at some of the homes in it,

 Diana went to the bus stop and I carried on to M & S opposite the church, we just needed some milk, bananas and apples, arriving back home I popped upstairs, not to play infrared but to put to use some of the things I had read about CC 2015,

 I decided to use some of the normal colour photographs that we took when we visited Bayham Old Abbey a few days ago, above straight out of the camera,

here I tried to tone down the color of the grass, and put a little more detail and structure into the building and sky,

 then gave the photograph a black and white look,

and perhaps my favorite look, like the photograph was taken many years ago,

 again out of the camera,

tweaked a touch,

 black and white,

and a old look,

 out of the camera,

a tad more detail,

 black and white,

and an antique look,

 it is only when I look at the results down stairs,

I realise the total difference between the upstairs monitor,

 and the downstairs laptop,

particularly in the grass,

 looking at the photograph straight from the camera, upstairs I made the grass significantly darker, there has been so much rain the grass is so green it almost looks unnatural, so I took a lot of the color an structure out of it,

but downstairs it looks almost the same,

 the laptop is more than a few years old, the monitor new this year,

so I guess that explains it,

the last one, 

one thing did notice,when I use the infrared camera and shot in RAW there really is so much more detail in the photographs, particularly the sky, I shot all of these in JPEG,

 one last black and white,

and antique look, 

 and here they are side by side, 


out of the camera on the left, the played with image on the right, well that was good fun! really, it is quite satisfying playing photographs like this, after my evening meal it was feet up for Poirot and have I Got News For You,

Diana called so off to the bus stop, then a coffee, one from New Tricks, and we were off to bed.


No comments: