Saturday 19 October 2019

I Walked With Diana,

to the bus stop,



 she was going to work, I was doing the weekends shopping, over the past week or so it has been a bit wet, something the local fungi seems to have noticed,

 rain was forecast, but blue skies so far,

 Diana was away on the 162, I had a couple of stops before Sainsburys, 

next stop the post office,

 I posed the Lumix DMC-FZ300 camera to Protech Photographic for repair, you may remember it stopped working whilst we lived in Thailand, it would not switch on, we had it repaired by Panasonic, after 3 months it was returned, the day before we left to come to the UK, it now switched on, but the auto focus did not work! so off to be repaired it went, next stop, Boots the chemist, for some of their low dose aspirin,

 over the road and past the florists, for our first Christmas purchase of the year in Aldi, their Deluxe Luxury 24-month Matured Christmas Pudding,

which apparently this year is the one to go for, next to Sainsbury's and a bit of a disaster, in a bid to not use plastic there were no plastic bags for loose produce, so for our 8 or 10 bananas we buy every week, they would be all over the place in the bag on the way home, and badly bruised by the time I got there, worse still the only loose button mushrooms I could buy had to be super huge, or they would fall through the shopping trolleys wire! I mentioned this to one of the staff, of course they had thought about the mushrooms, and provided paper bags for them, there problem solved, so I asked where are the paper bags for the mushrooms? 'oh we always run out of those by 11.00AM, the customers use them to put their bananas in',

 on the way home the blue skies had clouded over,

 next stop for myself upstairs and playing with infrared, I decided to try one of the photograph from yesterday's visit to Hadlow,

 one of the ones from the duckweed end of the pond, color swapped,

 and added,

 a lot more colour,

 then in black and white,

and finally an antique look,

 I next decided on a building as I had not tried the infrared look on one before,

 so here is the Shard, colour swapped,

 a little colour added,

 and then a lot!

 and then black and white, looking at it I should have brighten the bottom right hand side and put in more detail, and there is the problem, the huge difference in colour and brightness between the monitor upstairs that I use for the infrared photographs and the laptop I use to write the blog with,

and there it is, now this looks strange, an obviously modern building with a faded old look, improbable I know but at least it is a bit different,

 Diana finished work early tonight, so at 11.00 I was on my way to meet her, 

 a quick couple of photographs of the mushrooms, I wish I knew a lot more about which ones are safe to eat, then we would have some for the weekend as I did not buy any today,

a quick pose and we were home, feet up, a couple from Peaky Blinders and we were off to bed.


No comments: