Saturday 26 October 2019

The Rainmaker,

who is only paid on results,  


David Miles, an Australian inventor who has been peddling weather modification technology for almost 20 years, has been accused of preying on desperate farmers by charging up to $50,000 Australian dollars for delivering rain on demand without so much as explaining the technology behind his business, on the official Miles Research website, controversial inventor David Miles explains that in the 1990’s he realised that “it was possible to incrementally influence weather patterns using a variant of the Einstein – Rosen Bridge hypothesised in the 1930’s, to effectively create a bridge between ‘the present’ in the physical space-time continuum, and a near-future event, forecast to exist from one to ten days ahead in time”, yes I had to read all of that twice, He found that by applying small amounts of energy intelligently, even a large, chaotic weather system approaching from the future could be mitigated,

“We were advised against patenting because it’s basically exposing how it works. There are a lot of big companies that invest in trawling through patents,” Miles told News.com.au. “I understand the scepticism, the only other way is to fully prove up our science and physics and peer review. If we did that we’ll lose it, it will be taken up as a national security interest and it’ll then be weaponised.” the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has accused Miles Research (formerly Aquiess) of preying on people’s desperation, and warned people against doing business with him, but the Australian inventor claims the ACCC is only trying to defame him and his company, as in reality they are success based, and here is the thing, if it doesn’t rain, they don’t get paid,

a pretty good guarantee I would have thought, “They signed the agreement that if by the end of June they’d received 100mm, they pay $50,000, if they only receive 50mm, they would only pay $25,000. Anything under half we don’t want to be paid,” Miles said of a handful of Wimmera farmers who agreed to take him up on his offer to deliver rain, believe it or not, one of the farmers who paid David Miles for his alleged rain-making capabilities told ABC Radio that he was quite happy with the results, “I got involved because it sounded good, the fact you can control weather, because as a farmer rainfall is everything,” the farmer said. “I think the evidence is out there, you look at the forecast what’s meant to come and all of a sudden it increases dramatically. You know that he’s behind it and I reckon I haven’t seen such good crops in this district ever, everywhere.” so no money upfront, and you only pay if you receive a positive result, so can Miles deliver rain anywhere? I will leave you to ponder the answer to that one.


2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Good scam: "I'll go out and do this stupid thing. If something that has 20% chance of happening no matter what I do actually happens, you pay me a huge amount of money. If it doesn't happen, then don't pay me." It's like saying, "I can make the next dice you roll come up a 3 via mind control. If I'm right and the next dice toss is a 3, you pay me $100. If I'm wrong, you don't have to pay me anything."

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, similar to another I read about, the guy predicted that a civil airliner would crash in the next 12 months, with red paint used on the tailfin, well as I guess 80%+ of aircraft have red on their tail fin a pretty good bet! best regards, Stan and Diana.