Sunday 10 April 2022

Diana Had Left Before Myself,

I made my way into town,


I had a few things to do, walking through the park it was a nice sunny day,

the flowers on the wisteria, just starting to show through,

a few more weeks and Foxgrove Lodge will be the most photographed home in Beckenham!

I had a cunning plan, first stop the station, as I hope to be visiting Duncan most weeks, now that all restrictions have been removed it make sense to buy a 30% off railcard, I had already picked up the form and was returning it today to buy the card which costs £30.00, I will recoup the cost of the yearly card in just a couple of months, but, both of the stations ticket booths were closed, so that was that,

next  some shopping, I made my way past the green,

and stopped at one of the benches which seem to be popping up all along the High Street,

the legend by the side of it,

past the church, I wanted some cash so I stopped at the Lloyds cash point as I have done countless times before, only to have my card rejected! I could not believe it, so over the road to Westminster Bank where all was well, another electrical glitch which seems to feature large with me,

across the road another bench,

this one on the corner of the High Street and Manor Way,

the legend by the side of it,

past the florists,

to my first stop Lidl, 

shopping there completed past another bench,

the legend by the side of it,

and in to Sainsbury's, knowing that I am catching a bus home I always make sure I do not buy to much so that the bags are not too heavy, at the store they were not, but, from the bus stop where I started walking they almost felt like they were getting heavier by the minute on the way home,

my arms felt like they had been stretched by the time I arrived home for my sherry and read,

for my starter,

a prawn cocktail,

'Cheers!',

a main course of chicken tikka masala, chicken jalfrezi and pilau rice,

during the evening I finished my previous book, so tomorrow I will make a start on a new book, Jaguars & Electric Eels by Alexander Von Humboldt,

for dessert a rum baba, I bought two so Diana can have one when she returns from work,

after finishing my last read it was feet up for Big Fish, a real feel good movie, as he is dying a father retells his life that his son thought he was making up, although we have watched it before I really enjoyed watching it again, 

after Diana arrived home we watched Revenge of Robert the Doll, it was supposed to be a scary movie, but was so full of holes, bad special effects and make up, with just a little more help it could have been a comedy! not content with that we watched the next in the franchise! a few posts ago I made a comment about a bonkers council in St Blaise Town, which covers the town of St Blazey, near St Austell, in Cornwall who have banned daffodils on Heath & Safety grounds, well it looks like mainstream national newspapers have picked the story up, this in the Richard Littlejohn column, of the Daily Mail which is the UK's biggest selling newspaper, I have to say with many council decisions there must be a lot of villages missing an idiot or two, I am only making one post today, I forgot my telephone in the front room so I slept in! (and there was me talking about idiots!), hence me posting it a few hours later than normal, back to the evening, I after the second Robert film finished we were off to bed.


No comments: