Saturday 2 April 2022

Diana Was At Work,

for myself I spent most of the day posting the blog,


once posted in the late afternoon I made my way to the shop for some RO water,

I stopped to have a look at the wisteria on the front and side of Foxgrove Lodge,

the buds are coming on well and it looks like it could be a bumper year for blooms,

looking out of the bus I took a photograph of another one of the seats that are appearing in Beckenham town,

the bus driver announced that this bus would not be continuing past the war memorial, why do I always get on the bus that does not go where it is supposed to? so I decided to pop into the bank opposite the memorial and cinema

and walk the rest of the way to the shop,

I chatted to Graham,

and looked at some of slightly different aquariums on offer,

whilst there I called Steve who as it happened was on his way to the shop and kindly gave me lift home,

after he left it was time for my evening read and sherry,

for tonight a egg mayonnaise sandwich, 'Cheers!',

I read a little more having just started a new book, To The Holy Shrines by Sir Richard Burton, what an amazing man he truly was,

next I was off to meet Steve,

what a difference a week an a hour makes, last week I needed a torch to find the lock to the clubs gate,

with the clocks last week changing to summer time,

it was still bright as I made my way past the tennis courts,

the cricket pitch already marked out,

into the club to meet Steve, we chatted the night away, after saying our farewells I made a move for home where Diana arrived shortly after, so it was feet up for a Midsomer Murder and a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley and Diana-we had to laugh at your bus incident, terminating in the middle of the normal route. You said “why does this happen to me?” The truth is with all the massive failures of normal routine things, it is happening everywhere to everybody! Alley and I have our own term for this, dysfunctional organization. Remember the old mechanical railroad pocket watch that was used by railroad employees to make sure the trains were on schedule? Enter the computer age with few human interaction on schedules and what do you end up with? Artificial intelligence defaulting to a few programmed outcomes, none that are favorable to the humans involved! Again, welcome to new age of mass failure. What is surprising is that all costs are up while all level of service are down. Looks like one hell of a trajectory we are on as a planet!
Glad you folks survived the cold wind, rain and snow on your last adventure. Nice to get out and about but sometimes sweet Mother Nature shows up with a surprise. Looks like you made the most of it, and the good news is summer is well on it’s way! Take care and have a great weekend!
Regards John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, failures seem to be becoming more common, certainly my record with anything electrical is legend! also the number of times bus and train services seem to fail, I always say "why does it happen to me/us?" but I guess fellow traveller must say or think the same! yes it is good news that summer is on the way, having said that this morning it is freezing cold and raining, also of course most if not all of the households UK have at the beginning of April seen a increase of roughly £700 a year in their energy bills and worse is to come in October the bills will go up by another 40%, to put it in perspective to supply gas and electricity for our one bedroom flat from this month will now be £1,970 a year, at todays rate $2,587.34 and as I mentioned going up by 40% in October, and here is a sure fire bet, the price will never go down! best regards, Stan and Diana.