Friday 15 April 2022

We Were Thinking Of Going For A Walk In The Park Tomorrow,

but first I wanted to see if the bluebells were out,


tomorrow is Diana's day off, we had thought of going to Kew Gardens, but as it is a bank holiday the gardens will be packed, so our park it is then, 

the small cherry trees putting on a good show,

and there on the other side of the road,

bluebells! it was looking good for the others to be in flower,

Westgate Road sans cars, I am guessing there will be many here tomorrow,

I started walking up the hill,

on my left more bluebells in flower,

climbing the hill also on the left the hawthorn bush's were all in flower,

a few grey clouds rolling in,

over the hill and starting down the other side,

next week when I visit Duncan I will be walking along this path from Ravensbourne station,

I entered the part of the woodlands where the bluebells grow,

and there they were,

all in flower,

I did not take many photographs as we will be returning tomorrow,

but here is a short video of some of the flowers,

I walked down a path we had not walked before,

in the distance a bush in flower, I am not sure what it was,

not a soul in sight,

this put me in the correct direction,

these looked nice,

again I am not sure what they are,

difficult to judge its size, but this tree is huge,

we had never seen these steps before,

so up I went,

a map on the top,

looking down on one of the fields, in the distance,

a den made by someone for the kids to play in,

walking on,

a gorse bush,

with its bright yellow flowers,

now I knew where I was,

walking down to the lake,

then up the hill to the mulberry tree,

the cherry blossoms here still not at their best,

I walked past the café and courtyard,

towards the mansion house,

looking down,

to the fairways when the park was once a golf club,

past the mansion house,

and down hill,

to the gates that are kept locked, so that cars can only go in and out of the park from the Lewisham end,

past the snail mail box and home,

after my evening meal I was out again,

the skies still a bit grey, but at least it was not raining!

passing the green with its two benches,

this one in the distance,

this one near the High Street,

the legend beside it,

some late daffodils in the churchyard still putting on a good show, on to the 227 bus,

and here I am in Penge walking to Southey Street,

at the end of which is a craft beer pub,

named appropriately Southey Brewing Company,

tonight's menu, I planned on starting at the top and working my way down,

I was joined by Steve,

who also sampled the delights of the brewery,

one of the brews so good he moved on to pints!

we were the last to leave,

after saying farewell I was back on the bus and walking past the churchyard,

and past the Pearl,

into the park and home, Diana arrived shortly after, so it was feet up for a coffee and a chat as we watched a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: