Thursday 28 April 2022

Diana Had Already left For Work,

as she was on a early shift,


and I was not far behind her as I was heading to the station to catch a couple of trains to visit Duncan,

I called by the snail mail box to put a few letters from previous owners that had moved with no forwarding address into it, I had written the message 'no longer known at this address' on them,

one home owner making sure nobody walks on the grass verge outside of their home, but here is the thing, is the grass verge owned by the homeowner or the council?

the same here, if a member of the public falls over one of the stones that the homeowner has put there to protect the grass verge and is injured, who do they sue for compensation, the homeowner or the council?

before going to the station I made my way past the green,

to Marks & Spencer's to buy some chocolates for Duncan,

as I was passing the station I thought I would buy the tickets for next week, as I was sort of sure the ticket office would be open, and it was!

tickets for next week purchased and I was on my way over the road bridge to catch the train to Bromley South, then a train change,

to Sevenoaks, now here is a thing, we have occasionally been asked by ticket inspectors to see out tickets, I was just thinking that in all of the visits to Duncan and back I have never been asked to show my ticket, not a minute later two inspectors walked along the carriage and asked to see my ticket! how uncanny that I had just thought that,

a quick look at the bee garden,

the tulips nearly past their best,

but the bluebells still looking fine,

I am not sure what this plant is, but it was not in flower last week,

and this week it is,

the hill is steeper than it looks!

I soon arrived at the nursing home, where we chatted away for a couple of hours, reminiscing about old times, as it happens we have been friends for over 50 years and had several marriages to chat about, so there were lots to talk about!

I then made my way back to the station past the flower beds outside of the home,

I only went as far as Bromley South, in the morning I called the dentist and there was a time slot in the afternoon, 

so a train to Bromley, 

then up the hill,

to the other end of town,

to the market square,

past Primark to the 227 bus stop,

to the Moon & Stars, I was a tad early, so a latté coffee it was then, I was surprised how inexpensive it was, being used to coffees in town being £3 or £4, sometimes even more, but here a mug of latté was just £1.20 and free refiles! a short walk later,

and my next stop, the dentist, £95 later and I was on my way, I could now smile without frightening the horses!

I walked past the Odeon to the pharmacy to pick up the rest of my prescription,

as I left the pharmacy my bus thundered past, so a walk it was then, as it happens the traffic was so bad I nearly caught the bus up as I passed the church,

Diana was already home and it was time for our evening meal, I may have mentioned Diana is still receiving free samples of make up, perfume and other odds and ends, and the good news, yesterday this mini bottle of wine arrived,

time for a read and a sherry,

followed by the mini bottle wine,

'Cheers!', and nice it was too,

for our starter,

garlic prawns,

and for this evening,

time for my birthday bottle of bubbly,

that Diana bought for me a couple of weeks ago,

easy does it,

all done,

so a glass each,

before our main course,

a wagyu steak with two huge mushrooms, asparagus, coleslaw and boiled potatoes, it was all delicious,

'Cheers!', from Diana,

for dessert, well I am not sure what Diana had,

for myself a frosted artic roll with strawberries, 'Cheers!', after our meal it was time for a couple of New Tricks followed by a Silent Witness before we were off to bed.


No comments: