Tuesday 26 April 2022

Diana Is On Early Shift,

for the next few days,


so she had already left as I made my way past the snail mail box,

I was out early as it happens, I had received a message from the HHS, (National Health Service), that I needed a couple of injections, so off through the green to the nurse at the doctors surgery,

one of the trees near a bench looking nice in flower,

as did the tulips in the center bed,

I walked over to one of the benches that I had not photographed before,

so, so true,

the legend by the bench,

I walked past the cemetery,

and found this bit of fun, a decorated post box,

some one has gone to a lot of time and trouble to give the box a hat, into the surgery, no waiting as I was given an explanation of what the injections were for, one was to give me protection against 28 different types of pneumonia, the second to hopefully give me protection against shingles, over the years a number of acquaintances have suffered from this complaint, I know it is something I defiantly do not want!, the rash that characterizes the infected area is incredibly painful and itchy, one jab in each arm and I was on my way,

to the chemist, passing another of the benches in the High Street,

the legend beside it, apparently the isolation that the past 2 years of covid has lead to a fundamental shift in human behaviour, people no longer mix, these benches are trying to break the isolation that many feel by getting people to sit together,

next stop the chemist, I had run out of one of my medications, so a top up of that one and I have ordered the rest to be picked up later in the week,

into the bank on the other side of the war memorial,

then home past the Foxgrove Lodge,

a box of tulips joining the bluebells,

I am not sure what this shrub is,

but the flowers looked nice, 

arriving home Diana soon followed me, so it was feet up for a couple of quiz shows before we were out to the cinema,

for a change,

we decided on a small pot of mix and match,

our own selection of sweets in a small pot for £4.15,

I had found a small problem with this cunning plan,

most if not all of the sweets here needed to be chewed,

but never mind,

selection made, I would have to suck the sweets to death, if I chewed them I know I will end up with a mouthful of fillings!

next,

the popcorn and drinks stand,

all bought and in we went,

we were the first in the theater,

Diana had booked the de-lux seats,

all set and ready to watch,

and our film for the evening? Operation Mincemeat, Diana mentioned she wanted to watch it as did I, so last week tickets booked and here we are, we both thoroughly enjoyed the film, based on facts and also as James Bond fans will know it introduced Ian Fleming a couple of times, as he was actually a part of the planning group, it was just a tad long at over 2 hours, but it was still a good watch,

we made our way out into the night passing the war memorial opposite the cinema to the bus stop,

we walked past the church and home where it was feet up for a coffee, a New Tricks and a Silent Witness before we were off to bed.


No comments: