Thursday 21 April 2022

On My Way To The Station,

the sky blue,


and the trees full of blossom,

over the road bridge and into the station, I had a cunning plan, not only would I buy today's ticket, I would buy the tickets for next week as well, back over the road bridge and I was waiting for the train to Bromley South,

whilst waiting I noticed these strange piece of track,

heavily bolted and welded together,

I am guessing that the metal in the welds is some sort of softer metal, that allows the continuous tack to expand or contract in hot or cold weather, but I really do not know what they are for,

arriving at Bromley South, the train to Sevenoaks soon arrived and I was on my way, 

50 minutes or so later and I was at Sevenoaks,

walking past the bee garden,

the sign says it all,

the bluebells were flowering here as well as in the park,

as was the cherry blossom,

the strip of land the garden is on is so small but it is nice to see it put to good use by Sevenoaks council,

as I walked past the cherry tree I took a few photographs of the  blossom,

and nice the blossom looked too,

against a cloudless sky,

up the hill,

I was puffed out when I reached the top, but I did walk up it as fast as I could,

then downhill to the nursing home Duncan is in,

the last time I was here a gardener was planting a few raised beds and pots,

and nice the flowers looked too,

the same outside of the entrance,

I do not know what there are called,

but they did look nice, Duncan was in good sprits, we chatted away for a couple of hours, when his lunch arrived I said goodbye and made my way back home, 

this time I had bought a ticket to Ravensbourne station, coming out of the station looking across the road in the center of the photograph, one of the pedestrian entrances to the park, 

looking back to the station,

into the park, when we have entered the park this way before we went along the wide trail, 

but today I decided to walk up the steps on the right,

up I went,

in the distance,

a few stands of bluebells,

the pathway was just one person wide,

the trees cutting out any noise except the birds,

on the right the field leading down to the railway tracks,

the pathway ended, so back down to the main path,

this was where we were the last time we visited the park,

but I am retracing our steps by going up this side of Crab Hill,

and down this side we normally walk up,

at the bottom,

the stand of bluebells that Diana took a photograph of the last time we were here,

no cars in Westgate Road,

for myself down the slight hill,

up the other side and I was home,

after a few quiz shows it was time for my evening read,

eyes down and tuck into a couple of spring rolls,

followed by a Chinese chicken curry and chicken chow mein with rice,

with no front teeth, I am trying desperately not to smile!

I rounded off the meal with a chocolate dessert,

I was only going to have one, but they looked so nice, diet starts tomorrow! I read a little more before watching a Lewis, one I had not watched before, when Diana arrived home she was just in time for a double helping of New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: