Tuesday 12 April 2022

You May Remember On Saturday,

I had a cunning plan,


 as I hope to be visiting Duncan most weeks, now that all restrictions have been removed it make sense to buy a 30% off railcard, I had already picked up the form and was returning it on Saturday to buy the card which costs £30.00, I will recoup the cost of the yearly card in just a couple of months, but, both of the stations ticket booths were closed, so that was that, moving on to today I decided on part 2 of my cunning plan, as it is a weekday the ticket office will be open, so out into the park, past the new double yellow lines and a walk to the station,

it was a nice bright day, as it happens I also wanted to call into Marks & Spencer's for a few bits and pieces,

into the station, and guess what?

the ticket office was closed, on a Monday! just my luck, I asked one of the station workers who told me the clerk had popped out for an hour or so, a rethink of my cunning plan, I thought I would pick up the few things I wanted in M & S, have a coffee in one of the local cafes and wait for the clerk to return, I started to walk to M & S and there was the clerk walking towards me, we both recognised each other, he said come back and he will open the ticket office, apparently he was the only clerk today, there should have been two of them, 30% off senior citizen railcard purchased and the tickets to see Duncan on Wednesday and I was on my way,

past the green,

and the church to M & S, 

shopping finished  and I was on my way back to the park, the wisteria on the right side of Foxgrove Lodge,

just starting to open,

it was another nice day, after my evening meal and a couple of quiz shows, I watched a documentary about the Battle of Leyte Gulf, fascinating and frightening, as in this battle the first use of Kamikaze aircraft were deployed, after which Diana returned home, so it was feet up for a coffee, a chat and a New Tricks, followed by a Have I Got News For You before we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley&Diana
Nice you plan to visit your good friend Duncan’ on a more frequent basis. He will really enjoy seeing you and having a good, long visit. Those places do there best but can’t be pleasant day to day to live in so good job on breaking up the monotony. Meanwhile, how does it happen that the train ticket station on Monday morning is closed?? Maybe they are doing it remote with ZOOM..haha!! Hard to watch as things continue to crumble around you. Somewhat like your overhead walking bridge with no floor…and no activity to replace it. We see more and more of the same in USA, more taxes paid, more red tape and nothing done. But, your public benches are getting painted. Money well spent??Well, such is life these days. Might as well watch a good movie and forget how life was before artificial intelligence hit the management world. Nice reason to lift a glass and say cheers! A good toast to “the Golden Era”
Regards
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, now that restrictions on visiting have been lifted I hope to visit every week, it is unfortunate that although there is a garden and fish pond at the home it is difficult for the nurses to get him into a wheelchair to go outside, as for the ticket office being closed, staff shortages is the normal excuses with the word 'Covid' thrown in some where in the explanation! On the good news front, the benches are meant to get people sitting closer together now that the lockdown has finished, it is a fact that people do get out of the way of others as being isolated is now the norm, but what I would not give to go back to as you put it, The Golden Era, best regards, Stan and Diana.