Wednesday 20 April 2022

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

as I am out first thing to visit Duncan,


I had a busy day planned, as I made my way out of the park the rubbish dumped by the fly tippers was still there,

but the good news was that one of the residents had moved the rubbish to the side of the road,

if it is still there when I get back I will call the council again,

the cherry blossom,

on the road out of the park looking really nice,

I stopped at Foxgrove Lodge, the bluebells there out now,

across the road in the flower bed there the owners of the lodge had planted,

a rather nice rhododendron,

at the front of the lodge, not as many wisteria as last year,

except over the right hand side,

I had a few things to do today as well as visit the dentist, I wanted to save some time on Wednesday and buy the tickets to see Duncan today, and guess what?

it appears the ticket office is closed on Tuesday afternoons as well as Mondays! and I can not use the ticket machines as I have a travel card, and the machines do not accept them, which means that everyone like myself over 65 years old, can not buy a ticket from them!

off to the bus stop,

only to find this message,

it would have been helpful if there was a signal,

so a walk past the George,

I arrived at the dentist for a yearly check up, then some bad news, the tooth that had fallen out could not be glued back in, so I had to leave my plate with them to have a new tooth attached, I must remember not to smile!

back to Beckenham and a bench I had not seen before,

I walked to the bank past the roundabout,

and out again past the war memorial,

to Lidl for a few bits and pieces, shall I walk or get a bus home? 

I thought I would see when the next bus arrives, the message was 'screen not working look on the website', as it happened I saw a bus in the distance as I was making up my mind, arriving home the rubbish was still there, I called the council and was told the incident had been reported, well I knew that, I reported it late last night, the good news, within a time frame of 5 working days the council will remove the rubbish, so that was alright then, during the day Diana had popped up to Bromley, to meet up with Wilma,

where they called into Valerie Patisserie, for very late breakfast, a chat,

and a cake before Diana went to work, after my evening meal it was a Midsomer Murder, which finished just as Diana arrived home, so a coffee, a chat and feet up for a double helping of New Tricks before we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley and Diana-how lucky your are! With no access to trains or buses, you get nice long walks to enjoy all the spring blooming flowers and trees. Must be all by design by big brother. Remember to not smile!
Regards
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, it is nice to be able to walk out of the front door and in no time be in the thick of woodlands, I am hopping to get my teeth back before the weekend, but will not know until Friday, until then no smiling in photographs! best regards, Stan and Diana.