Saturday 17 December 2022

Before I Start Fridays Post,

here are a few more from our trip to Crystal Place,


that Diana took and sent me after I finished the post, one whilst waiting for the bus,

 a 'Cheers!, from Steve and myself,

and here we are at the light show, 

back to Friday, I spent some time posting the blog as there were so many photographs, Diana was at home during the day, after she left for work it was a couple of quiz shows for myself, then a quick sandwich, and then I was off,

out into a cold night, past the skating rink on the green,

and as I neared the church my bus disappeared down the hill,

past the Italian restaurant to the bus stop,

where there was surfeit of 227 buses, a couple just one minute apart,

I was soon in Penge,

and that was where I was going to meet Steve, Southey Street,

looking along Penge High Street, I looked at the Christmas decorations across the street,

Merry Pengemus!

with a Christmas hatted T. Rex walking across the sign, how neat was that?

into Southey Street,

past the murals,

turn right,

and into Southey Brewery, nobody sitting outside tonight, it was bitterly cold,

the menu for the evening, I started at the top and worked my way down,

'Cheers!', from myself,

and Steve,

we were soon onto the dark beers,

then back to the light ones as we went down the list, we chatted the night away, just before closing time we made a move for home, I said farewell to Steve, 

and caught a 194 to Beckenham then a 354 home,

past the Christmas tree at Foxgrove Lodge, Diana had beaten me home,

 where I was treated to a kebab, 'Cheers!', we watched a Have I Got More News For You, and then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: