Thursday 15 December 2022

As I Am Visiting Duncan Today,

I will only be making one post,


I would have visited yesterday but there was a train strike, back to Wednesday, no more snow overnight, 

and a bit of cloud in the sky,

I had a few things to do today, 

still lots of snow on the pathway in the park,

past the snail mail box,

towards the number 54 bus stop,

and into town, a stop at the bank opposite the cinema, I transferred some funds and then in another transaction I needed my driving licence, which I did not have on me as proof of who I was, as it has a photograph on it, but a very nice lady helped with all of the forms I had to fill in, all I had to do when I returned home was add a scan of it, 

next a walk to the shop for some RO water, I had a chat with Graham, who asked if I could drop a letter into the accountants on my way home, as there is no post for the next week due to a postal strike, after that it was home and upload my driving licence, but, you have guessed it! on my computer it did not give me that option, so I tried with my mobile telephone which asked me to take a screen shot of a QR code I think it was, well I did that, and nothing, by now it was late, so a dash to the bus stop and back to the bank, which thankfully was still open, the same lady was still there and thankfully helped me with the upload, what a relief, I am just so hopeless at this sort of thing,

out of the bank and to the bus stop and home,

my trusty old Samsung I have most of my music on this morning decided to give up it's mortal coil, so tonight it was music from my newer telephone to listen to, 

'Cheers!', and a short read with my sherry, there were a couple of programs I wanted to watch tonight,

Diana had left me a country vegetable soup,

which was delicious,

eyes down and tuck in,

Diana had also left me a mango for dessert, after my meal a bit of a problem, a outside pipe had burst and water was gushing everywhere, so down into the cellar to find the stopcock for it,

past the boiler that is now no longer used, by a processes of elimination I found the stopcock that turned the water off, the problem was it also shut of the water to one of the flats! I meet with the lady that lives there and she will turn on the water when needed and off when not, an emergency plumber will be called, back upstairs,

Diana soon arrived home with a new best friend, a hot water bottle!

next time to open not one but two advent calendar presents, for some reason we had forgotten to open one so it was catch up time,

and in the boxes a face jell and and some makeup, we watched a New Tricks followed by a Have I Got News For You, before we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley and Diana-Stan, sorry you had “one of those days” sounds like you had your hands full with all the failures! Hop tomorrow is a better day for you!!!
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, it seems, at least to me, if something can go wrong, especially with electrics, computers or just plain day to day life, where some sort of officialdom is involved, it always seems to turn out for the worst for me, (us), I guess it is the same for many of us, but at times I really do think we corner the market on being unlucky in the above! best regards, Stan and Diana.