Saturday 31 December 2022

Unless I Am In The Tropics,

I seem to always feel the cold worst than most people, 


photograph Rod Long/Unsplash, for some reason whilst everyone else in a room is comfortable, it seems cold to me, and thinking of cold, I have found the coldest place in the world, according to NASA Earth Observatory satellites, the coldest place on Earth is a mountain ridge on the East Antarctic Plateau where temperatures can drop to -135.8 degrees Fahrenheit (-93.2 degrees Celsius), but how cold is that? As an example, exposure to  -95 degrees Fahrenheit can cause frostbite in under two minutes, 

according to National Weather Service data, it was in 2013, when NASA satellites first recorded temperatures there, but it’s steadily been getting colder, in 2013, the lowest recorded temperature was -133.6 degrees Fahrenheit, but now it seems to have dropped to -135.8 Fahrenheit, global warming I guess, as it happens on Earth there are much lower than temperatures than in some areas of Mars, a planet much farther from the Sun than Earth, the red planet averages temperatures of – 81 degrees Fahrenheit, but towards the poles, they drop to a freezing -220 degrees, during winter months, back to the East Antarctic Plateau, do I want to go there? No thank you! Give me a sun kissed tropical beach any day of the week!


No comments: