Sunday 4 December 2022

I Spent The Early Part Of The Day Posting The Blog,

in the afternoon,


it was out with the step ladder and oil can, the sash cord rollers in the windows I feed the crows from were becoming more and more squeaky, job done I watched a few funnies on YouTube before Diana arrived home, then time for a read and a sherry, I should mention that I am only be making one post today, as soon as I post this we have a residents meeting as some maintenance has to be done to the building, as soon as that is finished it will be glad rags on as we will be taking the train to Rochester for the day,

'Cheers!',

for our starter this evening a crab and avocado salads,

then a real treat, a wagyu short rib, with the supplied sauce for Diana, 

sans sauce for myself, 

eyes down and tuck in, delicious!

for dessert a blond Belgian chocolate ganache

which was nice, I mentioned to Diana the only time I have ever heard the word gnash, was when a gnu was gnashing his teeth at you! it is a line from a Flanders and Swann song, so popular back in my day as a kid, 

the duo talked and sung so many songs, playing on words, the song I'm a gnu in the video above, the line featuring gnash: 'I wish I could g-nash my teeth at you, I'm a gnu', I can remember so many of their songs,

next as we relaxed time for Diana to open her Christmas count down calendar, today a travelling mirror, it was then feet up for a couple of Midsomer Murders, every Saturday one of the channels plays them back to back, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: