Wednesday 7 December 2022

Straight On To Today's Post,

there will only be one post today, 


as it is Wednesday I will be out as soon as I post this to visit Duncan, back to Tuesday, I accompanied Diana to the bus stop as she was working a late shift today, 

lots of leaves on the pathways through the park,

it was a clear blue if slightly cold day,

Diana's bus arrived to take her into town for a little pre-work shopping,

I walked into town past the skating rink,

and into the dry cleaners we wanted some black thread to sew a couple of buttons, but they only had huge spools and at £8.50 they seemed a tad expensive,

past the church, 

I popped into see a friend of mine Paul, who I had know since the 1960s, who owns the jewellers,

sadly I heard that he had passed away since my last visit, 

on a happier note, no prizes for what I was buying here!

into the hardware store, where I bought a pack of sewing thread, two rolls of black and two rolls of white in one pack, £2.99, bargain!

on to the number 54 bus to the end of the line, the terminal at Elmers End and into Screwfix,

I had ordered some white sprite and draught excluder for the front door, 

back to the terminal where they was an emergency, the car in front of the bus was a unmarked police car, blue lights flashing, a youngster had been taken ill I guess on the bus, and first aid was being administered, a ambulance soon arrived, by now the youngster was up on his feet and whisked away with his family to hospital, thankfully it appears all will be well,

into the park past the Christmas tree in the Foxgrove Lodge garden and home, due to some sport being shown the television programmes were totally rearranged, I will be glad when what ever it is is over, after my evening meal I watched A Touch of Frost, followed by a Midsomer Murder, just as that finished Diana arrived home, so a coffee and a chat, plus the opening of her advent calendar,

which tonight was a lip gloss, apparently strawberry flavoured, we then settled down to watch a new series for us that had just started,

 Cracker, who is a criminal psychologist Eddie `Fitz' Fitzgerald, who helps the police in Manchester, England, profile and catch killers, it was quite good as it happens, we will watch more if they are shown, and with the end of that we were off to bed.


No comments: