Wednesday 23 March 2022

As The Computer Recognised My Telephone Yesterday,

I thought I would chance my arm again and make a few new playlists,


but first post the blog and do my exercises, also first thing the gardeners arrived to finish trimming the leylandii hedge,

so upstairs again,

and heavens above the computer did indeed recognise my telephone again, wonders will never cease!

I looked at the gardeners through the attic window, I must get the spiderweb brush up here!

looking back across the attic,

as I was up in the attic I thought I would change the poster in the hall, from this,

to this, we have several posters for the hall, I try to remember to change them every few months but it is not an easy job, each poster would you believe it is a different size, so trying to get an equal distance around each print in the frame took some time, the little clips that hold the print and backing sheet in place are razor sharp, luckily I did not get any blood on the print!

in the late afternoon the gardeners had almost finished,

just the side to do and tidy up,

a couple of days ago I mentioned to Diana how much I enjoyed the beetroot salad that we used to have at Cherry's in Thailand, in the morning Diana had made me for my evening meal a beetroot salad, delicious,

'Cheers!', with a mug of tea in my Britannia Coconut Dancers mug, if you want to buy Coconutters mugs, tea towels, beer, (which is a rather nice EPA), have a look here, the Nutters keep alive a great English tradition, thank goodness someone does, we seem to be losing so many,

I listened to some of the new CDs I had bought, this playlist easy listening like this one by Mary Fahl, on her CD called The Other Side Of Time, a beautiful song, the lyrics below if you want to join in,

They say there's a place, where dreams have all gone
They never said where, but I think I know
Its miles through the night just over the dawn
On the road that will take me home
I know in my bones, I've been here before
The ground feels the same, tho the land's been torn
I've a long way to go, the stars tell me so
On this road that will take me home.
Love waits for me round the bend
Leads me endlessly on
Surely sorrows shall find their end
And all our troubles will be gone
And I know what I've lost, and all that I won
When the road finally takes me home
And when I pass by, don't lead me astray
Don't try and stop me, don't stand in my way
I'm bound for the hills where cool waters flow
On this road that will take me home
Love waits for me round the bend
Leads me endlessly on
Surely sorrows shall find their end
And all our troubles will be gone
And we'll know what we've lost and all that we've won
When the road finally takes me home.
I'm going home
I'm going home
I'm going home

continuing on my easy listening playlist, this one from Wayne Fontana, this song Pamelia Pamelia, reminded me so much of last days of my school when it was released in 1966,

Pamela, Pamela remember the days
Of inkwells and apples and books and school plays
Where little Brer Rabbit kissed Pooh in the wood
And Fluff was the cat that sat on the rug
Oh, Pamela I remember so well
When Laurel and Hardy were shown at the flicks
With sticky red lollies on splintery sticks
Pigtails and ribbons and crushes on miss
Secret discussions about a first kiss
But you were young and everything was new
Impatient to do things you couldn't do
Oh, Pamela, Pamela you started to grow
Answers to questions you wanted to know
When the rest of your childhood forgets as a dream
And the harshness of life dims those peaches and cream
When Laurel and Hardy were shown at the flicks
With sticky red lollies on splintery sticks
Pigtails and ribbons and crushes on miss
Secret discussions about a first kiss
But you were young and everything was new
Impatient to do things you couldn't do

and no I did not date a Pamela, it is just that at the time the words then and now brought back so many school day memories,

next it was feet up for The Last Witch Hunter, I quite enjoyed the storyline and special effects, as it finished Diana arrived home, so it was feet up for the sequel to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, that we watched last night, 

so Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald it was then! we both thoroughly enjoyed the film especially as we had a 4K disc of it, what a fantastic follow up, the acting, story, special effects were all just so good, and even better news, part 3 is being released on April 8th, we will be booking seats! as the film ended it was late, well early morning, so we were off to bed.


No comments: