Sunday 20 March 2022

I Did Not Want To Disturbed Them,

by opening the window,


so it is not a very clear photograph, two of the crows were inspecting the newly trimmed leylandii, first thing Diana was off, she had received a letter from the doctor to make her bi-annual health check up at the local hospital, after she arrived back home in no time at all, we called Steve and Kai who called round, we are finalising our trip to Paris, after they left in the late afternoon Diana was off to work, 

for myself I was upstairs wish 15 or so CDs that I had bought over the past few weeks,

it seemed to take forever putting them on the computer but eventually it was all down, I made up a number of play lists to download to my old telephone so I could listen to some of them in the evenings when Diana is at work and together on Sunday afternoons as we have lunch, then disaster struck, well you know me with eclectics! I plugged my telephone in, it made the connection noises and the message appeared 'connected as a USB' but nothing showed up on the Windows Media Player, I tried again, still nothing, I tried a different USB port on the computer and then tried a different cable, still nothing, I went through the same thing again with my new telephone, the one I use every day, Windows still did not recognise that, so I gave up, what is it with me and electrics?

'Cheers!',

as I settled down for my evening meal with a couple of samosa starters,

eyes down and tuck in, I decided to listen to Carmina Burana, in case you are not familiar with the piece, it is the title of a collection of medieval Latin and German lyrics published in 1847, taken from a 13th century manuscript then in the possession of a Benedictine abbey near Munich, for myself a great listen, as it happens in a few weeks time we all have tickets for a performance of it at the Southbank Center, London, with a 200 voice choir, I am so looking forward to it, and here it is,

Carmina Burana by Carl Orffe, performed by the UC Davis Symphony Orchestra, the University Chorus and Alumni Chorus, and the Pacific Boychoir perform at the Mondavi Center at UC Davis, for myself what a wonderful piece of music it truly is,

as it played I tucked into chicken jalfrezi, chicken tikka masala and pulao rice.

followed by a raspberry trifle, after Carmina Burana I listened to some more music, before watching some television until Diana arrived home, it was then time for a Lewis before we were off to bed.


No comments: