Friday 18 March 2022

Oh Dear,

another day when I will only be making one post,


today, Friday, it is Diana's day off, so we have a few things to do today, so an early start it is then, back to Thursday as I looked out of the window I could see the top of a ladder, and then a refuse bag,

not very good photographs as I did not open the window,

but the gardeners are here,

to trim back the leylandii hedge,

I left them at it as I made an early start into town,

it was a glorious day,

not a cloud in the sky,

as I made my way to Beckenham Junction for the train to Bromley South,

the foot bridge over the tracks,

 still sans a floor,

the entrances wired up,

changing trains at Bromley South to arrive at Sevenoaks, 

up the hill from the station to the nursing home where Duncan is staying,

a Robin stopping to say hello on my way in,

I walked past the hanging baskets at the front of the home, and great news, after taking a test and waiting 30 minutes for the results, unlike 2 weeks ago when I tested positive for covid, I was now negative, so I popped in to see Duncan, who was in fine sprits, we chatted away for over an hour, officially the visits are limited to 30 minuets but as no one said to leave I stayed a little longer, after saying farewell I made my way back to the station,

noticing this magnificent magnolia on the way,

still blue skies as I walked to the station,

arriving back in Beckenham, the weather was still so nice,

I had not noticed these before, some kind soul had put some logs along the verge to stop motorist from parking on them, looking at this mornings photograph there were there, I just had not noticed them,

the gardeners were still hard at work as Diana arrived home, after our evening meal it was feet up for our usual evenings fair, a Midsomer Murder and a bit of a treat, two New Tricks shown back to back, after which we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley & Diana-looks like Spring hit hard in your area. A good, fresh time to enjoy! Let’s hope it is the end to the old cold winds and rain of winter!
Enjoy your weekend!!!!
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, it really seems that spring is here, I read only yesterday that some parts of the UK are hotter than the Greek islands, summer, bring it on! best regards, Stan and Diana.