Sunday 13 March 2022

I Had A Quiet Day

and just settled down,


for a read and a sherry,

then Diana arrived home, she was asked if she wanted to go home early which was a pleasant surprise,

I tucked into my smoked trout, a change from smoked salmon,

Diana made herself a chicken and rice dish topped with an egg,

for myself, what was I thinking when I bought my Friday and Saturday night's meal?  beef bourguignon pie yesterday, beef steak pie today! never mind eyes down and tuck in,

Diana thought it was hilarious, beef pies two nights running,

Diana choose a Bakewell tart for her dessert, for myself ice cream,

after our meal we watched The Pirates, imagine Pirates of the Caribbean, but made and called Pirates of the South China Sea, and you will know all about The Pirates, so many similar scenes like the huge maelstrom, but still good fun to watch, 

we followed that with Hell on the Brooder, it was apparently based on a true story, that of Bass Reeves, a legendary tough African American cowboy in the Wild West. Bass Reeves was the first black deputy U.S. marshal west of the Mississippi River. He worked mostly in Arkansas and the Oklahoma Territory. During his long career, he was credited with arresting more than 3,000 felons. He shot and killed 14 outlaws in self-defense, but it still seemed a bit far fetched when Bass and two others took on and won against 40 or was it 50 hardened criminals in one battle, but there it is, and with the end of that we were off to bed.


No comments: