Saturday 5 March 2022

Diana Had Left For Work Before Me,

as she was meeting with Wilma for a chat, cake and coffee before work,


for myself I was off early as well going to Sevenoaks,

to visit Duncan, past the cherry blossoms,

and through the park,

to the station, I had thought it was just the stairs on the footbridge that was being repaired, 

but it appears that all of the walkway needed to be replaced,

first train to Bromley South,

second train to Sevenoaks,

Alan was meeting me at the station, and as it happened I had time for a coffee,

a quick pose from Alan,

and myself before we went in, we had to take a stick down the throat and up the nose test, then disaster, I was positive! I could not believe it, I have had all of my jabs and no symptoms, but there it was, the same happened to Duncan whilst in the home, tested positive but no symptoms, a faulty kit? who knows, so Alan went in to see Duncan,

I walked back to the station, passing a nice show of blossoms on the way,

back in Beckenham and off shopping,

past the church,

and flower shop,

and into Lidl for some sherry and spiced rum,

on the way back I stopped to take a photograph of these dwarf daffodils in the garden of Foxgrove Lodge,

in the evening time for a read and a sherry, 

as it happens I finished The Meadows of Gold by Abul Hasan Ali Al-Masu'di (Masoudi), I have to say it was a bit of a hard read,

 hopefully The Cobra's Heart by Ryszard Kapuscinski, will be a little bit easier as I made a start on that,

for my evening meal,

a chicken and leek pie,

then out into the night, past the Pearl,

and church,

to the bus stop where I caught a 227 to Southey Street in Penge,

easy to find thanks to the street art in it,

which was really well done,

and this is where I was headed, Southey Brewing, a brewery and taproom, to meet with Steve who had booked a table,

the front door was also a great example of street art,

the ales for sale, all brewed on the premises,

the room where the magic happens,

what a great idea, take away beer!

of course there are a few other drinks if you are not real ale inclined,

Steve was in his seventh heaven, I had to try a few myself, all of which were nice,

but I had to round the evening off with a spiced rum, 'Cheers!',

after saying goodbye to Steve and catching the bus, I walked back through the park and home, where it was feet up with Diana for a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: