Friday 11 March 2022

Wood And Fire,

a strange combination for canvas and brush,


but those are what a pyrographer needs to create his or her artworks,
 
and these are the work of Ivan Djuric, a talented pyrographer from Serbia,

using a pyrography tool, he applies varying and precise amounts of pressure to change the intensity of the burn, thus achieving various tones and contrasts,

“The process is very slow and does not allow for mistakes,” Djuric told Telegraf. “There is also a lot of sanding, preparation of the wood itself, sketches and the coating of the wood to protect the artwork… It takes about 15 days per image to be ready.”

“I have always expressed myself through art; I have done a lot of pencil drawings, wood carvings and rustic furniture building so I took two of my passions and combined them into one”,

Djuric’s works have been featured by Ripley’s Believe It Or Not, as well as other galleries I would guess,

and if you fancy a try at the burning hobby, above is the video to show you how it is done, for more examples of his work check out Ivan Djuric’s Instagram, fire and wood, who would have thought it?


No comments: