Saturday 14 October 2023

A Few Days Ago,

I called into Superdrug, 


for this, no we do not have colds, but we are overrun with spiders, I had a cunning plan, as spiders 'smell' through their feet I have smeared VapoRub on our windows, they can not stand the aroma of eucalyptus or methanol, hopefully this will stop any more entering, we have enough of them already!

in the afternoon Diana called, she had bought a lot of shopping and with the nearby bus stops not operating the shopping was a tad heavy,

so out and on my way through the park to to meet her,

I had a few peanuts in my pocket for the crows,

a miracle! the hole was filled in!,

but the lights were still in operation, a crew was replacing some of the tarmac by the bus stop,

and this is where we are meeting, O'Neil's,

Diana had been hard at work all morning and she was hungry, so a pizza it was then,

and a pint or three!

arriving home I had my evening meal, Diana was not hungry, we watched a few quiz shows and BattleBots, and then I was out, walking past the tennis courts,

to the club where I was meeting Steve, we chatted the night away, evidently there was some game on which the home team won 1-0, for myself of no interest whatsoever, I do not follow any sport, after saying our goodbyes we made a move for our homes, Diana had already gone to bed, so for myself it was, 

 an old favourite, Citizen Kane, a truly great film, particularly the search for Rosebud, the film begins with a news reel detailing Kane's life for the masses and then from there, we are shown flashbacks from Kane's life, in real life the film lead to William Randolph Hearst, and his efforts to have it, the film destroyed, after which I was off to bed.


No comments: