Saturday 21 October 2023

A Little Bit Of Bad News,

for this Saturday and the next two, 


I will only be making one post, as I am going into the shop as Carl is on holiday, we were not going to go out today, this is the headline in our local newspaper, "Storm Babet brings 4 London flood alerts including Lewisham, Bromley and Croydon", well we are right in the middle of that lot! the article is here, but over the past few days I had been starting to go deaf in my left ear, it felt like it needed to 'pop', the same as you get when ascending in a aircraft, but it just would not, no pain or discomfort, just a lack of sound, so despite the storm warning we were off,

raincoat on,

and we were soon walking out of the park,

to the 354 bus stop,

where for the past few days the road was up as this box was installed, for telephones I guess, 

on the ground around us, lots of chestnuts, but all too small,

we were soon in Bromley,

by the food stalls,

this one selling cloth and other items of haberdashery, 

lots of plants here to,

into the Glades,

and downstairs to Boots the chemist, eardrops purchased and I was on my way,

to the Greyhound, I waited here as Diana bought a few things in Primark,

on to a 354 bus and we were soon walking back in the park to home, rainclouds gathering in the distance,

in the evening time for a read and a sherry,

followed by a noodle dish for Diana and soup for myself,

then I was out, the magnolia tree in this garden looking nice as it was illuminated,

in no time I meet Steve in the Moon & Stars,

we snagged a booth, 

with this interesting picture on the wall, we chatted the night away,

 after saying our farewells I was lucky with the buses, a 194 to Beckenham war memorial, by the cinema,

then a 227 to the church, I walked past the graveyard,

and across the green then home, Diana was already asleep, another early start on Saturday morning, for myself one from Have I Got More News For You before I to was off to bed.


No comments: