Monday 30 October 2023

As It Was Sunday,

and Diana was not working,


we planned a trip to Crystal Place, but it rained so much we decided to stay in, on to lunch a read and a sherry,

Diana had bought a bottle of Buck's Fizz,

which was putting up a real fight!

any moment,

now!

carefully does it,

'Cheers!',

for today a lobster bisque soup for our starter,

followed by roast beef with all of the trimmings, with gravy for Diana,

sans gravy for myself,

complete with a Buck's Fizz,

eyes down and tuck!

another 'Cheers!', as our desserts arrived,

cherry pie and custard, we were full to bursting!

in the afternoon as usual a few from Columbo, which we followed with a couple from Midsomer Murder, after which Diana was off to bed, another early shift tomorrow, I stayed up and watched Whiplash, I had watched the film before and commented then: "if you ever thought that playing a set of drums was easy, watch this film as pupil and mentor lock horns, a great performance by Miles Teller and stellar performance by Jonathan Kimble Simmons the film was magic, I may even watch it again! this is a must watch film, well I think so", and I did watch it again! after which I too was off to bed.


No comments: