Sunday 1 October 2023

I Had A Busy Morning,

first thing Jenny called round, 


to pick up some boxes for her brother Mark, who lives in Cambodia, after a coffee and a chat they made a move to go shopping, for myself I was out to the doctors surgery, another covid booster for me!

on the way a quick look at the car that demolished a couple of gate pillars a few days ago, looking at the open bonnet the front of the car looks undamaged, but just look at the state of the rear of the car! hopefully no one was walking on the pavement at the time,

onward past the green,

and churchyard, where in the right of the photograph I noticed these,

a lovely stand of cyclamen,

they looked just so nice,

down the steps towards the restaurants at the bottom of the hill,

at the traffic lights a look up the High Street,

and behind me towards the church, into and out of the surgery in no time at all, there were four rooms with nurses, and in my case my doctor injecting people as they arrived for their appointments, 

back up the steps by what was once the police station, now a thing of the past, our 3 local police stations now closed, Beckenham, Penge and Bromley, 

as I passed the church I noticed this,

a tribute band to Buddy Holly and the Crickets, guess where we will be on November 4th.?

into the park and home for a coffee and my breakfast, in the afternoon I updated the shops special offer page for the October offers, as well as prepare some invoices, 

after which I watched The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar, which was directed by Wes Anderson, a delightful film of a story by Roald Dahl

it was then time for my evening read and sherry, 'Cheers!',

for tonight a lamb hot pot,

eyes down and tuck in ! then feet up for, 

65, a neat sci-fi about the age of dinosaurs, I will not make any comments as it is a new release, so you may have not seen it, 

I followed that with Tenet, visually stunning with great effects, although in one special effect they really did crash a full size 747 into a hanger, again I will not comment, but I will say I lost the plot, and then by shear happenstance Diana returned home, so a coffee and a chat as we watched a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: