Tuesday 24 October 2023

Oh Dear Another Few Days When I Will Only Be Making One Post,

yesterday I was out early for my flu jab,


and tomorrow, Tuesday I am out early to meet with other tenants and the project manager who is directing the refurbishments of the building, then on Wednesday we will be leaving first thing to visit Duncan, back to Monday a clear cold start to the morning,

just a small amount of hazy cloud as I made my way to the number 54 bus stop,

alighting in town, the florist had a nice Halloween display,

a wicked, allegedly, 

witch in the window,

but this is where I was going for my flu jab, whist here I mentioned about my left ear still be blocked, I was advised to change from oil based drops to ones with a peroxide base, jab finished, ear drops purchased and I was on my way home,

past Foxgrove lodge,

and the magnolia tree that looks so nice in the spring and at night when it is illuminated,

arriving home it was going to be a stamp day,

I had a amassed a few stamps that needed to be added to my collection,

I still had my short sleeve shirt on, the flu jab is at the very top of the shoulder and it is difficult to roll a normal shirt sleeve up that far,

when I had finished putting the stamps in albums it looked like this, a mess! but I know where everything is, I think,

then time to print the labels,

out of interest these ae a couple of items I added, the 4 single stamps were printed for philatelic exhibitions, these for the 4th. 1912 in Margate, normally the stamps have Britannia printed black, as in the block of 8, but some very rare ones had Britannia coloured, in this case brown and green,

this one of the famous seahorses, this one SG403 1913 KGV £1 green seahorse fine lightly mounted mint, thankfully I bought this one a few years ago before their value started to increase, just as I put everything back upstairs Diana returned home from work, so a coffee and a chat, after our evening meal we watched the continuing battle for the giant nut in BattleBots, followed by a Endeavour on terrestrial television, then we rounded off the evening with one from ITVX a Midsomer Murder, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: