Friday 13 October 2023

After My Usual Start To The Day,

I was out into a cold, wet day,


Diana had already left as she was on early shift today,

walking to the bus stop still no work going on in the hole in the road,

the nearby bus stops closed, so carry on walking,

past the park to the number 54 bus stop, 

and on to the shop, I had printed out the shops annual pet trade licence application, when I first started work here the form, one page, was sent to the shop, it was filled and returned with a cheque for £6.00 the form was signed returned within the week and that was it, now 2 sets of forms, one of 3 pages one of 5 pages, 

this a typical page, note the box at the top, Any Other Species (please specify), how do they expect me to fill in that part with a box that small as I try to list the 150+ different species we have of tropical fish in stock at any one time? that are not marine or coldwater! and you never know we might get a veterinary surgeon that knows about aquatics, unlike last year when the vet admitted he has no qualifications in aquaculture, either domestic or commercial! all of this for a total of, £461.00, which the council breaks down to Council admin charge £146.00 plus the vet Inspection fee £315.00, some times I do miss 'the good 'ol days', when things were so much simpler, a walk from the shop to Beckenham, then on to a 227 to Bromley,

where I walked past the Partridge,

and market square,

to Lloyds bank, now that they have closed branches in Beckenham and West Wickham this is our nearest, 25 long queuing minutes later and I was out, 

and walking to the pedestrianised High Street,

no Christmas tree or Christmas lights yet, unlike Lewisham that already has their lights up, still it could be worse, we could live in a real joyless place for Christmas like a Medway town, and there are 5 of them, where all Christmas lights are not being installed, and of course no switching on of the lights that is enjoyed by so many families, the article by the BBC is here,

past the stalls,

to Lidl, another couple of things to pick up,

I had a look at the stall selling plants,

lots of nice cyclamen,

and winter pansies, back on to a 227 and into Beckenham,

a walk past the church,

and through the green, the hanging baskets now well past their best,

still no workers at the hole, as I walked past it I had a telephone call, Diana was on a number 354 bus coming home from work that was right behind me!

I stopped to take a photograph of Foxgrove Lodge,

as Diana walked towards me,

how fortuitous was that? we walked home through the park, where it was feet up for a coffee and a chat, after the usual quiz shows and our evening meal it was feet up for a BattleBots and a Midsomer Murder, Diana was so tired she went to bed, but I stayed up to watch,

 Riddick, which we had watched before, but was exciting to watch again, before I to was off to bed.


No comments: