Sunday 8 October 2023

Diana Was On Late Shift,

and had bought a few things the day before,


so we could start the day with a fry up,

'Cheers!', with a mug of tea, after Diana left for work in the afternoon I decided to make another short video of the trip Neil and myself made to India, we visited Assam, Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh, looking for new species of fish that could be of use in the aquatic trade,

we continued our tour, the bridge is evidently replaced after every rainy season, some of the locals on the bridge stopped by to watch us, 

where we found a frogmouth catfish, (Chuka chuka), I inadvertently used this photograph in a previous post about the fish, the old bridge in the distance, we then transferred to canoes, but not before looking at the top of a tree where plants were growing, this marks the level of how high the river is in the rainy season! As we drifted down river we stopped by some fishermen using a net from the shore and inspected their catch, there were also a couple of ladies using hand baskets to catch fish, finally a couple from the net, the last one is a catfish with sharp spines, it is the one you do not want to tread on!

after completing the video I watched Brian and Charlesthe film is a mockumentary about socially awkward hoarder and oddball inventory named Brian who builds a companion robot from a pile of junk, delightfully shot Brian, confides with you the audience, as Charles becomes more adventurous, a odd ball of a movie but quite enjoyable,

in the evening time for a read and a sherry, 

tonight I shared the evening with Gerald Walcan Bright, known as Geraldo who was born in London, England on August 10 1904, in later life he founded the Geraldo Gaucho Tango Band,

and experienced great success with the public at the Savoy Hotel, the above footage filmed at the Savoy, as well as on cruise ships, during the 1950s he served as musical director for Scottish TV, where for more than three decades his composition "Scotlandia" was used as theme music, not to everyone's taste I know, but I enjoyed listening to him and his orchestra,

as they were playing I heated my meal for the evening, liver and bacon,

eyes down and tuck in, 

after my meal I watched Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, which I had not seen before, the special effects were as you might expect with a estimated $200,000,000 budget, spectacular, as the film ended Diana arrived home, for Diana a hot chocolate, a nightcap for myself as we watched one from Midsomer Murders before we were off to bed.


No comments: