Monday 7 November 2016

A Final Paper Post For Today,

3D sculptures of birds,


they were made by Colombian Beltran Herrera

using nothing but a few pieces of coloured papers, glue and a pair of scissors, 

She has been making them for the last several years, and aside from birds she also makes flowers, fruits and butterflies, all of which can be seen on her web site,

in a recent interview she commented, “Before I started to work with birds I did many other works in paper – I started with geometric shapes just to see how far I could transform it from a 2D to a 3D medium, then I started to play with new techniques and represent things I have always liked – some fish, animals and fruits,” 

from such simple beginnings to such beautiful objects and of course the skilled hands of artist Diana, you can see more of her work on her website.


No comments: