Tuesday 22 November 2016

Some People Are Just So Talented,

in the discipline they chose,



 take these pots of Japanese ceramic artist Hitomi Hosono as an example, they are just so finally detailed, 
 
 she uses plants that she finds in England and the delicate plant shapes from her childhood in Japan,

 to produce almost frozen looking floral arrangements,

“The subjects of my current porcelain works are shapes inspired by leaves and flowers,” said Hosono in an artist statement. “I study botanical forms in the garden. I find myself drawn to the intricacy of plants, examining the veins of a leaf, how its edges are shaped, the layering of a flower’s petals. I look, I touch, I draw.” Hosono’s plant-inspired works were recently exhibited with Adrian Sassoon gallery during The Salon Art + Design Fair in NYC November 9-13, 2016. You can see more of her work on her website, as well as in the book The New Age of Ceramics which strangely enough we featured some time back

if you have time this is a short fascinating video of the artist at work and explaining how she makes these pieces of art, and no I am not on commission, I just think that some people are so talented I just wanted to share her talent.


No comments: