Thursday 7 December 2017

After Watching Dr. No And Thunderball,

I could not stop thinking about boats,


 not any old boat, one that instead of living on land I would like to permanently live on, although I have not mentioned it before it has always been my dream, but the thought of selling up and making the decision to live aboard has always stopped me,

 but if I had made the choice this is the dream boat for me, not some super fast flashy boat, but a gentleman's cruiser, designed and built preferable by John Bain, like this one, a Silver class Ormidale, named Sea Quest, 

 for Diana, the cats and myself what could be better? nice outdoor seating on the sun deck,

 the wheelhouse, 

 large and uncluttered,

 spacious lounge,

 slightly cramped kitchen, but I never go there,

 modern electrics,

 masters bedroom,

and the heart of the beast, for the technical, the yacht was built in 1959, it measures overall 58'11", beam 14'7" draft 5'3" displacement 26.79 tons (British), and can sleep 7 in 3 double cabins and is offered for sale by the Sandeman Yacht Company, the advertisement from The Yacht Market, for a full rundown on the specifications have a look here, and the big question, how much? €240,000 EUR at today's rate £211,465 or $283,621, and no I am not on commission, but it almost makes me think of selling up the UK apartment I have and sailing it from Italy where it is berthed to here!


No comments: