Wednesday 10 April 2019

This Is The First Time,

I have ever heard of a Moonbow,


as opposed to a rainbow, and here is a picture of one taken by Alston by Andrew Hewison (who posts as Kimspics), Mr Hewison said he spotted the phenomenon just after 22:00 GMT as he took his dog for a walk, He said: "At first I tried to take a picture with my phone, but I couldn't make it out so I got my digital camera and put it on the night setting, I was a bit rushed for time as it was only there for four or five minutes." Mr Hewison said he had always wanted to take a photo of the Northern Lights but was pleased he had seen something so rare, "It's putting Alston on the map for something different," he said, BBC weather presenter Simon King described it as a "rare and amazing colourful moonbow" for more details about the story, click here to go to the article at BBC, amazing.


No comments: