Monday 22 April 2019

'I Know What I Like, But I Know Nothing About It', Conversely,


‘I know a lot about it, but I do not know what I like’,




we are of course talking about art, so what is art? a difficult question, but normally it is taken as read if it is in a display exhibit case in a museum, it must be art, or not? In a social experiment, Jack Sim, the founder of the World Toilet Organization, spotted an empty exhibit display in the National Gallery Singapore last week and decided to place a pen on the ground to gauge the reactions of museum visitors, yes you guessed it, a tiny audience gathered around the writing object, snapping photos of the item and wondering how it constituted art, for the fullrun down on the 'artwork' pop over to Coconuts, photograph by Jack Sim.


No comments: