Wednesday 24 April 2019

I Started The Day,

with a walk into town,


 just opposite The George,

 is the relocated Post Office, it did have its own building with several serving counters, now down to just three counters, and moving into the rear of another shop really worked, the queues are so much longer now with less than half the number of staff there, still being at the back of W. H. Smiths, (a chain that sells newspapers magazines, books, etc), you can at least grab a magazine have a good read and put it back on the shelf on your way out!

 I walked back to the park

 and took a photograph of the now really flowering wisteria,

 in the evening I was off, to
Maidstone,

 and in a taxi going past one corner of the Maidstone Prison, I then received a call from Duncan to say that the pub we were meeting at was being refurbished and was not serving food, so on to plan 'B',

 which was to meet here, at the Miller and Carter,

 inside,

 or outside?

 well it was still a bit chilli,

 so inside it was then,

  our table, almost near the window,

 just the three of us tonight, unfortunately Steve could not make it,

 we all decided on a steak each, so Hi from Duncan,

Alan, 

and myself,

 to round the evening off, Irish coffees, we chatted
the night away, 

  Alan kindly dropped me off at the station and in no time I was nearly home,

 walking past the wisteria, then feet up, a quick nightcap and I was off to bed.


No comments: