Friday 26 April 2019

Off To The Dentist,

to have one of my crowns,


 re-glued back into its place, whilst waiting at the bus stop opposite the church,

 I turned around to look at the Town Hall behind the bus stop, and by the side of it noticed this,

The Club, members only, so I looked The Club up on the Internet, I clicked on to its web site that led me to a Facebook page, with the message, 'Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment', on another link BT told me that, 'Sorry, the website www.theclubbeckenham.co.uk cannot be found.' how strange, a club with no apparent way to see what it is, and no publicity at all, in fact the total reverse, so if anyone knows what lies behind The Club door, please let us know, you never know we might want to join it!

 Steve called round during the day, for a coffee, after saying goodbye and my evening meal it was time for City of Ember, meant for kids, but still a good movie to watch, with a few surprises, it actually made me jump in one scene!

we rounded the evening off with Exodus: Gods and Kings, great special effects, thoroughly enjoyable and with the end of that we were off to bed.


2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

"Beckenham's Biggest Secret...

In March 1884, a notice was posted at the back of the newly built Public Hall in Bromley Rd opposite St George's church, inviting the gentlemen of Beckenham to become the founder members of The Club. They would meet for billiards, cards, smoking and reading, as an alternative to using the local public houses. Twenty nine gentlemen voted in a provisional committee comprised of ten members and the first President was Frederic Prat Alliston. The club is still there today with snooker as its prevailing interest."

"We welcome you to view our exclusive private club that has provided a relaxed oasis to its members for over 120 years, occupying the same premises since 1884."

Phone: 020-8650-1706

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, many thanks, I had a quick look on the Internet but did not see this about the club, I can only assume they do not want more members as the websites that they have are not very informative, to be fair I do not think it is the place for us, snooker does not really interest me and I guess Diana would find it a bit boring watching us, again many thanks, Stan and Diana.