Saturday 8 October 2022

Yesterdays Blog Posted,

and I was on my way,


to give a blood sample, as I mentioned yesterday I am a part of the NHS Galleri Trial, I am one of the 140,000 volunteers age 50 to 77 who have registered to take part in the trial, the Galleri® is a new blood test that can detect signs of many different types of cancer in a sample of a person’s blood, the aim of the trial is to see if using the Galleri test alongside existing cancer screening can help to find cancer early when it is usually easier to treat, all it means is that once a year I have to give a blood sample and answer a number of questions about my lifestyle, so off into a nice mild day,

having said that it started to cloud over,

walking past the green the leaves starting to fall,

and in the churchyard,

some mini cyclamen were putting on a good autumn show, next on to a 227 to Bromley North station,

and the sign I was looking for,

and there in the distance the temporary clinic,

no not this one,

this one, sample taken and I was on my way with a voucher to spend at TESCO by way of a thank you, 

a walk to the bus stop, having just missed a 227,

I wandered into the station,

to have a look at a coin and medal shop, Peter Morris, I would have gone in, but there were a couple of customers in the shop already, and to be fair coins and medals are not of great interest to me,

on to the 227 and off at Lidl, for a few bits and pieces,

before going inside I had a look at some box plants, (buxus sempervirens),

also for sale this week, some mini pansies,

the cut flowers looking nice,

shopping finished, a walk back home,

Diana had already arrived home from work, it was soon time for a read and a sherry,

as it was Friday I had a quick sandwich as I was meeting Steve later,

walking to the bus stop, I had missed the 227 by just a few moments,

so a wait until the next one, as I looked at the restaurant next to the bus stop,

arriving at the Moon & Stars, work was still continuing on the outside, the place was packed, we literally had the last table in the pub, after chatting the evening away,

we said our farewells, I caught a 194 that took me to Beckenham,

walked past the war memorial and caught a 54 for the last part of my journey home,

I made my way past some of the houses in the park, where arriving home it was time for a nightcap before we were off to bed.


No comments: