Tuesday 25 October 2022

I Had A Few Things To Do Today,

Diana was already at work,


as I made my way into town,

a nice bright day,

I was still amazed at the number of mushrooms,

that had appeared so quickly,

in the grass verges, 

these looked like a different type,

as it happens no one was picking them,

whatever type they were,

in the next verge,

even more,

amazing!

the road works still here, so no buses stopping until the road is repaired,

and this is what we in the UK have become so talented at, dig a hole in the road and then leave it, not a soul in sight working on what ever the problem was, 

first stop the railway station, as luck would have it the ticket office was open so I bought tickets for the next few weeks to visit Duncan,

as I walked past the green the latest storm had brought down lots of leaves,

the grass strewn with them,

but still lots in the trees to fall,

walking past Papilio,

I can still remember when it was a police station, next stop the post office, I had a few things to send snail mail, on to the number 54 bus to Croydon Road, alighting at This 'N' That,

lots of bargains here,

now what is there that I can buy for a pound and sell for a hundred? I wish!

over the road to Kingfisheries, I had just printed a proof of the shops over Christmas opening times, Graham will let me know of any corrections, next a walk to the bank, I had a couple of bills to pay, and as I walked out of the bank?

you guessed it, I was just in time to watch the number 54 bus I wanted disappear along the High Street,

at the bus stop opposite Deen's Garage, some work was going on, 

I caught the next 54 and stayed on the bus until I reached the pedestrian entrance to Beckenham Place Park,

called Stumps Hill,

into one of the wooded sections of the park,

which brought me out behind the funfair,

I took a right,

which led past the pond,

no ducks on it today,

I continued walking through the wood,

which then opened up,

looking to my left the manor house behind the trees,

a few years ago parties of children form the local schools,

were busy here planting what looked like small twigs, but now they have grown,

and will form a new part of the woodland,

the legend, the small black dots on it are flies, it appears they like the board,

through the gates that stop cars from entering the park,

and on my way home, Diana arrived shortly afterwards, so time for a couple of quiz shows before out evening meal, then feet up for a snack of chestnuts as we watched an Endeavour, a Midsomer Murder and a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: