Thursday 27 October 2022

Yesterday Morning I Took A Few Photographs Of The Mushrooms,

which was just as well,


as this morning,

they were all gone,

as the gardeners cut the grass and blew away the leaves,

I left before Diana to pop down to visit Duncan,

it was a nice bright day,

I passed the mushrooms growing in the grass verge,

in just a couple of days they had finished,

and were now turning into mush,

opposite the entrance to the park, one of the pedestrian bollards had been replaced after the latest accident,

I walked to the bus stop, I had allowed extra time due to the stop being closed due to the road works, but the works had finished and the road was open, so I caught a earlier bus,

I was soon going past,

Peter Pan's Park,

opposite the pool,

into Catford,

and past The Ninth Life

and the building that never seems to be finished,

I was early, so no flowers outside of the florists,

but in the window a Halloween display,

a good job I had already bought my rail tickets!

and a bonus the 09.33 was on time! my railcard does not let me travel before 09.30 so I could not catch the earlier train,

it was clouding over at Dartford station,

today the fountain in the pool not working,

it is amazing how tall a weeping willow grows given the right conditions,

a bit of a wait for the 483, the 481 now permanently taken from service,

a look at the sky over Gravesend,

off of the bus and up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan stays,

the berries on one of the trees in the grounds,

putting on a really good show,

the weather looking a bit overcast,

I do not recollect seeing this bird box before,

it looked new,

I carried on walking to the home,

and noticed,

a couple more boxes, as usual Duncan was in fine spirts, we chatted away about the time he was with Offshore Oil & Gas magazine before starting his own magazine Oil & Gas Review, more to the point, the countries we travelled to visiting oil & gas shows and the fun times we had there,

after saying our farewells it was back on the bus to Platform 0 for the train to Dartford,

changing at Dartford for the train to Blackheath,

where the florists was now open,

for this week some white Christmas cactus,

and some very strongly coloured cyclamen,

the miniature roses looking nice as well,

outside of the other window a display of cards,

on the number 54 bus and past the graveyard at St. Margarets church in between Blackheath and Lewisham,

the fruit and vegetable market in Lewisham,

with its pots & pans stall,

looking along the side of the building that is being refurbished, no windows on the first 2 floors, perhaps it is a warehouse of some kind?

the bee hotel on one of the bus shelters looking good,

past the Beckenham Hill entrance to the park,

I stayed on the bus past the green and into town,

alighting at Lidl, I need a few things, especially some boxes of red wine,

outside in the hallway a few cactus,

not many cut flowers today, inside I bought my meal for tonight, and for the third visit, still no red wine in boxes, I will try again next week,

a nice bright evening, 

it was soon time for my read and sherry,

'Cheers!' as I tucked into a couple of spring rolls,

followed by chicken chow mien and a chicken curry with rice,

I rounded off my meal with some rum & raisin nice cream, then feet up for a Midsomer Murder, during which Diana arrived home, just in time for a New Tricks, I am only making this one post today as it is Diana's day off, so first thing we are up to London, and with that we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley and Diana
Sorry about your boxed red wine shortage! They all blame these outages on supply shortages. We are seeing same issues with Australian wine here in USA. My theory is things are so bad in U.K. and USA people are drinking far more depleting normal wine stocks!!
No one is ready for this inflation and political unrest. Hard to predict outcome that is positive so many worry about the future. Therefore, drinking like fish! Let’s wish all of us good luck for the future!
Luck to you two-
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, as it happens I remember reading somewhere that the number of people drinking at home has risen, I just wish they did not all drink red wine! hopefully supplies will catch up soon, the good news is that they still have boxes at Aldi, thank goodness for that! best regards, Stan and Diana.