Monday 3 October 2022

Sunday Has Raced Around Again!

unfortunately Diana had to work a morning shift today,


so I had my Sunday sherry and read by myself, I am now up to page 535 of Seven Pillars of Wisdom, and what a great read it is,

the good news was that Diana had left me a prawn salad,

'Cheers!',

and also left me a roast chicken dinner to heat up,

so eyes down and tuck in, for dessert I had some grapes, before the late Sunday afternoon film,

titled Clockstoppers, first the good news, the plot was inspired by H.G. Wells' 1901 story "The New Accelerator," about a scientist who develops a drug enabling him to move so fast that no one can see him. From his viewpoint, everyone else seems frozen in time, then the bad news, it was 1 hour and 34 minutes of my life that I will never get back! I guess it had a lot going for it, but somehow I just could not get into the movie, it must be my age! when Diana returned from work we had a coffee and a chat, looking through our collection of Blu-rays we decided to watch,

Sleepy Hollow, we had watched it before, this is what I wrote then, 'Constable Ichabod Crane, (what a great name, Ichabod), has to find the headless horseman of Sleepy Hollow, who cuts off heads, in case you are wondering the village of Sleepy Hollow is a real place, a book entitled Sleepy Hollow is a personal reminiscence, written by Washington Irving under the pen name, Geoffrey Crayon, this article (not to be confused with The Legend of Sleepy Hollow [1819]) also written by Irving, first appeared in The Knickerbocker Magazine, in May of 1839, given that the film is set in the US, I was amazed at how much of it was filmed in the UK', I am only making one post today, as first thing I have my yearly appointment with my accountant, as they say, death and taxes are the only things guaranteed in life! after Sleepy Hollow we watched a couple from Colombo before we were off to bed.


No comments: