Sunday 30 October 2022

Whilst Printing A Few Things For The Shop,

I ran out of black ink,


the printer we have is a HP Envy 5020, luckily I had a spare, but after finishing I started looking for a new black and colour cartridge,

whilst doing so I found that HP offered a service where by you subscribe to one of a few plans and they send cartridges to you based on what plan you buy, it is called the HP Instant Ink Store, I went for the £2.99 a month plan, then the problems started, firstly I had to attach the printer to the modern with a cable, which I did not have, but, I could link the printer using Bluetooth, and so it began, although easy for most people linking the printer with Bluetooth will have been easy but for myself I had no idea what I was doing, but eventually it happened, I was then asked for a code in the printers window, which I could barely read, I entered the code and was told that the capitol letter O could be confused with the number 0, I thought if they knew that why use O or 0? but there it is, and then, hey presto, I had a code which I could enter into the HP ink site, by now the morning had passed and I was well into the afternoon, I had not stopped, even for breakfast, but as far as progress was concerned I was steaming now, address filled in, user name entered, plan selected, payment details taken, then the page I had been waiting for, 'click here to activate your account' I did, and received the following message, 'your version of Windows is not compatible with the HP Instant Store, please contact your administrator', all of that for nothing!, so on to Amazon as usual, just my luck, but breakfast first, in the afternoon I watched a few documentaries before Diana returned home from work, 

then it was time for my evening read and sherry,

and a real treat,

fish and chips,

followed by a crispy topped crème brûlée,

eyes down and tuck in, we listened to music then watched 2 films, 

first a black & white film The Two Headed Spy, released in 1958, which as it happens in based on a true story, slow to start, but for its time a enjoyable spy movie, 

we followed that with the latest release of All Quiet on the Western Front, this is by far the most realistic and gruesome portrayal of what I can only imagine the horrors of the First World War was like, the film even shows how after the armistice was signed at 5.12 AM men were still told to fight right up to the eleventh hour, all 2,738 of them as both sides tried to fight to the end, gave their lives needlessly, a very moving and well made film of the horrors of the First World War, we rounded off the evening with a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: