Thursday 20 October 2022

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out,


and on my way to the bus stop to visit Duncan,

it was a nice day, for the time of year quite warm as it happens,

passing Foxgrove Lodge the dahlias were putting on a good show,

this one huge,

I walked past the green

to the bus stop opposite the church,

the traffic was terrible,

because of this,

road works with traffic lights,

which is why I had to walk into town, the bus stop I normally use is not in use whilst the roadworks are going to be there,

past Foxgrove Lodge,

the plants on top of bee hotel bus stops,

I am not sure what they are, but they must be pretty hardy to survive the summers drought,

for some reason a lot of buses were at the garage today,

a driver change and the bus was soon underway again,

into Catford,

where the Simpsons seem to have taken up residence!

I was soon going past the building,

that is being refurbished, but never seems to be completed,

Lewisham market in full swing,

the forklift on the right would be a policeman's dream if he wanted to give out tickets, parked with the forks facing oncoming traffic, on a double yellow line, no registration number, meaning it should not be on the road as it is not taxed or insured, and I bet there are a few more road traffic infringements a diligent police officer would find!

off of the bus at Blackheath village and past the florists,

some pumpkins for Halloween this week,

on the other side of the door a colourful display,

including mini roses,

and these plants with their strange looking flowers,

they are called cock's comb, (celosia), 

next into the station for the 09,33, catching this train means I have a short wait for the change of train at Dartford, and for the train to Gravesend, which also connects nicely with the bus to the nursing home, but yet again the 09.33 is late, meaning a 25 minute wait at Dartford and also at Gravesend, it seems that 3 out of 4 weeks the 09.33 has a problem and runs late, just my luck! 

still it gave me plenty of time at Dartford,

to photograph the fountain in the wind,

and the overcast sky at Gravesend, I also confirmed what I had thought last week, there were 2 buses that went from the station to the nursing home, now there is only one, a fellow passenger told me that the 481 has permanently been cancelled,

off of the bus and a walk up the hill to the nursing home,

near the entrance to the home,

lots of berries on one of the trees,

and cobwebs over the sign,

the home is gearing up for Halloween, Duncan and myself chatted away until lunch time after saying our farewells I made my way back to the bus stop,

out of the nursing home,

for the first time I noticed these tropical plants growing on the way to the bus stop,

for myself this was the amazing one, rubber plant as it is known, (Ficus elastica), only 10 or so days ago, 

we saw one at the weekend market, I was almost tempted to buy some seeds and grow one, but I had no idea that they were so hardy that they would survive outside,

on to the station,

to platform 0, where as luck would have it there was only a 20 minute wait before it left for Dartford,

from there to Blackheath where it had turned into a warm day with customers enjoying a coffee in the afternoon sun, 

opposite the bus stop, the butchers, florists and railway station,

onto the bus and past Lewisham market,

and the never finished building, I still wonder what it will eventually become,

the plants on some bee hotels on the way back to Beckenham,

looking closely at them I think they are some type of succulent,

I stayed on the bus past Foxgrove Lodge,

and the green,

arriving in Croydon Road at This 'N' That, which was closed,

the signs at the front look like it will be a great funfair for the kids,

over the road to drop some printing off to Graham at Kingfisheries, next a walk to the bank after which into Tesco, we had a £10 voucher to use, 

next a walk to Lidl, 

which had a nice display of cut flowers, but again no boxes of red wine, so as we were getting low I bought a box of white, I caught a 354 home as the 54 bus stop was closed because of the road works, 

the stop is by the club,

so I took a short cut,

through the bar, no change there then!

no sooner had I arrived home than it was time for my evening read and sherry,

and some sushi,

soy sauce on and all set to go,

'Cheers!', with a chicken jalfrezi and pilau rice,

and to finish a huge helping of rum & raisin ice cream, after which it was feet up with a Lewis until Diana returned home from work, we then watched a Detectorist followed by a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: