Saturday 29 October 2022

First Thing,

Reynard was waiting,


at the far side of the garden,

I took a couple of photographs, this one with the flash on,

and one with the flash off,

then the crows called by,

I had a few things to do in Bromley, I made my way to the 227 bus stop, 

past Foxgrove Lodge,

and the green,

plenty of leaves to be swept up now,

in the churchyard the last of the cyclamen putting on a show,

opposite the bus stop a couple were having a photograph shoot,

nearing Bromley it was announced the bus would be diverted, so I had a walk past the art Deco cinema,

due to this,

the drains were being cleaned,

as it was a market day all of the stalls were here,

the flower stall,

had a nice show of heathers,

I am not quite sure what this one was selling, 

the haberdashery stall here as usual,

into Lakeland to exchange our CO2 cylinder for our soda water, also to buy a box cutter, Diana had lost hers at work, but none in stock,

back into the market square,

and past the balloon seller,

my next stop would be to Robert Dyers for a box cutter,

I was passing all manner of stalls,

including the fruit and vegetable ones,

into and out of Robert Dyers, no box cutters in stock,

the same here,

and at Poundland,

so a 'U' turn and back up the High Street,

I tried here as well, with no luck,

as I was passing I called into Lidl for a couple of boxes of red wine, but like Beckenham, none in stock,

I started on my way back to the bus stop, passing the fishmongers,

and the stall that sells metal signs,

but I did stop here,

for a bag of chestnuts,

but this year instead of the nuts coming from France they came from Turkey,

a few dreamcatchers for sale,

and another fruit and vegetable stall,

past Primark, no queues today,

I caught a 354 but decided to have a walk through a part of the park, so off of the bus a bit earlier than normal, and a walk up the slight hill,

turning left into Westgate Road,

which was a tad flooded,

it must have been really bad a few days ago when we had the storm,

I passed Beckenham Place Park Lodge,

a really nice place to live, if it was not for the unmade up road, flooded in winter, a dust bowl in summer,

turn left again at the small car park,

into Beckenham Place Park,

and I am on the home stretch,

another clump of mushrooms has appeared since I last walked along the path,

I am not sure what specie they are, 

where is a mycologist when you need one?

the large mushrooms we saw on out last visit now decaying,

it was my turn to bring the dustbins in, the mushrooms that were here just a few days ago gone,

but a few feet away another group had appeared,

upstairs I had a look at the chestnuts,

kestane, as chestnuts are known in Turkey,

Diana had arrived home from work, it was soon time for my sherry and read,

and a chicken tikka masala with rice before I was out to meet Steve,

off to the 227 bus stop next to the ASK Italian restaurant,

in Penge one of the grocers shops open late,

into Southey Street,

this is where we were meeting, Southey Brewing Company,

a look at the menu,

we were soon stuck in, but left early as it happens, it was so noisy, a couple of groups had to outshout each other, so we went to the nearby Moon & Stars and spent the evening there,

 after saying our farewells I caught a 194 to the Beckenham war memorial, then a 54 home, where it was feet up for a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley and Diana
Time for someone to open a box cutter and boxed wine store! Scary to have shortages on these basic retail items. World supply chain continues to have challenges!!
Hope you have a heavy stock of boxed wine in the house!
Regards
John&Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, as it happens in one store the assistant taking out her own box cutter said, 'like this?' I replied, 'yes, do you sell them?' the reply, 'no I bought it on the Internet!', so that was that, as for the wine Diana brought home 2 reds, one a day as they were heavy, I also have an emergency white, so we will be fine for the next few weeks, hopefully Lidl will have them back in stock by then, best regards, Stan and Diana.