Saturday 24 December 2016

After Shopping,

in the afternoon we popped round to see a friend of ours,


 for a game of snooker, Brian also joined us, I gave a first rate demonstration of how to lose gracefully!

 we then made a move to the weekend night market on Thepprasit Road,

 I made my way past some of the mobile food sellers,

 looking towards Jomtien,

 slightly cloudy skies,

 a new stall, different because all of the goods in other cosmetics stalls I have seen this evening were priced at 100 baht, here just 39 baht,

 slightly cloudy looking inland, 

 I crossed the small slip road past a fruit seller,

 opposite the bar this evening a stall selling trousers and children's woollen jumpers, it has been rather cold of late,

 I am trying to decide if another row of girders has appeared since our last visit,

 the fruit stall,

 and strawberries are on the menu for the weekend!

 just a couple of customers at this end of the pet section,

 but a few more further down,

 I stopped off to buy some tinned and dry food for the kittens,

 and then made my way to the petting shop,

 rabbits to look at, 

 goats, 

and piglets to feed from bottles containing milk,

 and new for this week, a pony, 

 why the long face? well I just had to say it,

 sunset over the market,

 I made my way back towards the bar,

 looking from the bar inland,

 tonight we were joined by Brian, 

 we chatted away as darkness fell, and saying out goodbyes and wishing everyone a Happy Christmas we made a move for  home,  

 but not before the owner of the bar gave us a present of some cakes and a baseball cap, which was kind and thoughtful,

 we arrived home to the aroma of beef stew and dumplings,

and unknown to me Diana had bought a couple of Christmas hats to help the festivities along,

after our meal and a couple of Cops we watched Bunkier Hitlera, the DVD we have of the film is in Polish with English subtitles, but still watchable, with great acting and scenes of hope and despair as the film draws to it's close, a couple from Judge Judy and we were off to bed.


No comments: