Saturday 6 March 2021

Friday,

time to go shopping for the weekend,



as I had a few heavy bits and pieces to buy I took the car, the car park surprisingly empty,

into Sainsburys,

and out again, and through the art eco inspired sign to the car park from the High Street,

at home time to play with a few more stamps, this album starting with 1837,

and the stamp that started it all, the penny black,

the 2 penny blue was for heavier letters,

the penny black was then later changed for the penny red,

this series of stamps were known as the 1887 Jubilee issue, celebrating Queen Victoria's golden jubilee as Queen,

on to King Edward VII,

and King George V,

and perhaps my favourite issue of stamps, the seahorses,

there were 4 dominations, the one pound green,

the blue 10 shilling,

red five shilling,

and half a crown brown, beautiful stamps, well they are for myself,

as it happens I stopped before finishing the Postal Union Congress, I will crack on tomorrow with a few more,

another album almost completed,

in the evening a read and a sherry,

followed by pate and dry toast,

and a cottage pie,

eyes down and tuck in,

I finished with a selection of fruit, after my meal Steve called by for a coffee and a chat as Diana arrived home from work, after Steve left it was feet up for a coffee, one from Lewis and a New Tricks, we rounded off the evening with a Have I Got a Bit More News For You, next for us we were off to bed.


No comments: