Friday 19 March 2021

I Had Another Quiet Day,

in the afternoon I was watching television,


and then it happened, the television turned itself off, I thought the worst, but then noticed the filter in the aquarium had also stopped, it was still light so I did not have the room lights on, sure enough it was a power cut, it was just like being back in Thailand! after 15 or so minuets I called the national power network, just in case you do not know, in the UK if you have a power cut, do not call your power provider, just dial 105, this will put you in touch with the National Network who fix these things, I spoke to one of the assistants who said one of the call back team would be in touch, and sure enough they rang, I was told it was most likely a fuse in the local substation and would be fixed between 7.00 to 8.00 in the evening so long as it was not a underground fault, but as we were speaking he received a report that a car had hit a transformer box in the park, long story short, the impact meant that a underground team had to be called out, the power came back on at about 9.30 in the evening, but full credit to Adam in the call back team, who called every hour or so to keep me informed of how progress was being made, after each call I then posted to all of the neighbours on our what's app page, Diana called, we walked back from the bus stop, looking into the park past our home there was the repair crew, hard at work, I was told they would not leave the site until the problem was fixed, the good news was that the power came back in time for a New Tricks, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: